Biotechnology involves the handling and manipulation of living organisms or their components to produce useful products. Students specializing in biotechnical engineering integrate analysis and design with applied biology to solve problems in renewable energy production, large-scale biotechnical production, control of biological systems, and production of bio-based materials.
Students may focus on the mechanisms and processes for the sustainable production and use of energy from renewable biological sources. Students may also focus on the challenges in scaling up laboratory developments to industrial production, including genetically altered plants, plant materials and food products; production, packaging, and application of biocontrol agents for plant pests and diseases; and microbial production of biological products, tissue culture, and bioremediation. Students may also focus on the development of biosensors to detect microorganisms and specific substances, useful in the development of products based on biological processes and materials.
The intrinsic value of an animal refers to the value it possesses in its own right, as an end-in-itself, as opposed to its Instrumental value, its value to other animals (including human beings). The phrase (often used synonymously with inherent value) has been adopted by animal rights advocates. The Dutch Animal Health and Welfare Act referred...
Genetic engineering is a process whereby genes from one organism are moved into the genome of another organism. In the case of genetically engineered foods, genes from bacteria or other plants or organisms are moved into crop varieties with the assistance of a viral vector. This provides herbicide-tolerance and/or insect resistance to existing...
Media Kit: Media for 5 Gallons of Spirulina or other Alkali Algae
BISS (Algae Research Supply)
- Call our Algae Hotline for our scientists to help with your culturing projects.
- Kit for growing 5-gallons of Arthrospira platensis or other alkali algae culture.AKA- Spirulina. Algae not included in this kit- cultures available through our...
- Contains easy to follow instructions, nutrients, and alkali salts
- Teachers! Have this product delivered to your school and we will include extra supplies to aid in teaching algae culture in your classroom! Please send a message...
- Included:1) 40 ml of concentrated nutrient media 2) Salts, (sodium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate, and trace metal containing sodium chloride) 3. Instructions for...
Algenist Triple-Action Micropolish & Peel 1fl oz.
- What it is: An advanced microdermabrasion peel that resurfaces the skin texture and tone.
- What it is formulated WITHOUT: - Parabens - Sulfates - Synthetic Fragrances - Synthetic Dyes - Phthalates - GMOs - Triclosan
- This product is for all skin types, dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic, non-irritating, non-comedogenic, and not tested on animals.
- What it is formulated to do: This microdermabrasion peel contains a 10 percent acid duo (patent-pending alguronic acid and glycolic acid) in a potent combination...
- What else you need to know: Alguronic Acid is a powerful compound responsible for regenerating and protecting the microalgae cell. This unique ingredient was unexpectedly...
Plant Cell Cutaway Illustration Peel and Stick Fabric Wall Sticker by Wallmonkeys Wall Decals - 24 Inches H x 24 Inches W
- Premium quality fabric material sticks to virtually any surface
- Simply peel and stick; Remove and reuse up to 100 times
- Made in the USA
- Will not damage Your Walls; No sticky residue
- Custom printed for you at time of order